Dad

Dad

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Pain

 As the Easter week approaches, I have been thinking about how purposefully Jesus went to Jerusalem and ultimately to the cross. I think it is so amazing that He would do all that intentionally. He took all our infirmities and provided for our healing. I am trusting Him to continue the healing work in my body.

But I was thinking of  another healing that is maybe bigger than physical healing, and that is healing of hearts.  There are many people who walk around with broken hearts. I know there is a lot of pain with a broken heart, even though it is not evident to others. But He gave Himself for all our brokenness; broken bodies and broken hearts.

 My abdominal pain is pretty much a thing of the past. All that is visible is six small scars on my belly. I still have a lot of pain when I sit or walk. Riding in a car is especially tough, and that really limits my going and coming.  The surgeon told me the pain would last about two months, and I am counting on that! Today marks five weeks out from surgery at this point, so that is only another three weeks!  I have a very important appointment with him on April 10 to have blood work done and have my PSA level looked at. I will have a consult with the doctor then, too. Still dealing with the clot in the leg.

 Thank you all for praying for me and all the kindness you have shown. It really is a boost to know that people are standing with me. Many of them are people I do not even know, but they know my family or friends. What an amazing network!!  I love you all and I will update again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update! Continuing to stand with you in all the many layers of healing and recovery. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress is progress. I love you.

    ReplyDelete