Dad

Dad

Friday, March 10, 2017

Heads Up!

Psalms 3:3 says, "But Thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head."

As the body recovers from any injury, sickness, or surgery there are some days that are better than others. Yesterday started out as a regular day and I was looking forward to seeing the babysitters Christina had lined up to come over, because she had to work.  First, there was a really dear couple who live nearby who popped in around 10.  Amy and Tim were going to come around 1 and do a kid exchange.  The day felt optimistic at the beginning, but as it wore on, I just felt glum.  It wasn't overwhelming pain, depression, or anything I could put my finger on, just a culmination of everything, including possible side effects from drugs?

In the late afternoon I was a little better.  One of our grandsons FaceTime'd to me to ask if we could think about setting up a time to go fishing. It was like a breath of fresh air, out of the box, from the lips of a seven-year-old. We took a ride out to pick up the balance of the new blood thinner medicine from the pharmacy.  As we were on the way, I got a call from the urologist's office to fill me in on the  lab analysis of the offending prostate that had been removed. They said they were pretty sure they had gotten all the cancer out.  That was a boost and I was feeling pretty good as we pulled up to the drive-thru at the drug store.  As the girl was getting the pills, she asked if we wanted to put it on the gift card.  We told her we had no gift card, and the poor girl became flustered as we tried to give her our credit card for payment and she was trying to convince us to put it on a gift card.

Finally, Christina and I figured out that someone had purchased a gift card with instructions to use it for the meds!  We tried to figure out who might have done it.  I told Christina, as we drove away in a daze, that God did that!  God and a very sneaky friend.  Maybe we will find out who someday, but I'm not counting on it.

As if to top that, we found out this morning that our Rx insurance will pay all but $27 per month going forward, rather than $408/month. These are the kinds of things I must remember if I hit one of those days when I'm glum or bummin'.  Indeed, He is the lifter of my head!

"One of my favorite people! Renna turned 5 on Monday!"

4 comments:

  1. Yay for the good news of the report from the urologist and about the insurance coverage for the medication! Rejoicing with you!
    And there is certainly a dailyness, even hourliness or minuteness to healing and recovery. We are with you in the ups and downs. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, your faithful care and prayer are a big part! Love you much! U. Gil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friend Gil - so happy to hear the good report from the doctor as well as how God cheered you up! Thinking of you and praying often. Hope to see you when I'm down around Easter time. For now, sticking up here in Maine - co-o-old! and a noreaster forecast for next week. Love to you and Christina! Deb Halbach - aka Snail in Maine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoicing at the wonderful ways our awesome God has of turning everything around. And that picture....! So much love flowing between you. Love you, brudder dear!

    ReplyDelete