Dad

Dad

Monday, January 16, 2017

Tests Coming Soon

Hello friends.
   
Today our country celebrates the birthday of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King.  I am thankful for the work he did in issues about equality.  He also shares his birthday (which was actually 1/15) with two incredible people.  They are Lisa and Colombo IV!  Their births made me a father and a grandfather!
   
We had a wonderful week going to Florida, and even though we were there only four days, it was a good break.  It was as much driving as visiting, but it was all enjoyable, even the four days in the car.  It is always nice to be with Christina’s brother Lou.  He is very knowledgeable about medical issues and willing to share what he knows.  We spent an afternoon with Bill and Anne at the beach.  We rode our bikes.  We had Eli’s barbecue.  Ahh!!  Life is good!
   
There are some changes since last week.  Around New Year’s I noticed I had some discomfort so when my doctor called last week, I mentioned it.  She immediately wanted a CT scan of my lower abdomen.  She also moved the MRI up a week, so this Wednesday, 1/18 we go to Boston and then again on Monday, 1/23.  My hope and prayer is that the scans reveal what needs to be seen so that this process can move along.
  
I still feel strong, with my spirits very optimistic.  I know I am in good hands, and I trust the Lord implicitly with my future and the futures of my loved ones.  I pray you all have a blessed day.
Gil

2 comments: